This article will outline how to two-way calendar sync iCal with SharePoint. CiraHub consolidates numerous data sources from multiple platforms ensuring that information remains consistent across devices and software.
1. Log in to CiraHub. On the Hub & Spoke Setup page, select the Calendars object. Keep in mind that public folders can sync both contacts and calendars (See figure below.) Check out this article to learn how to use CiraHub’s Calendar Sync options.
2. Next, select the source type of your Calendar spoke and click NEXT (See figure below.)
3. On the iCal URL page, enter your iCalendar credentials and click NEXT. (See figure below.)
Only iCal links ending in the .ics format are valid. Always check for the file extension to allow you to sync Calendar items from that source on CiraHub.
4. Create a name for your first Spoke and click NEXT. (See figure below.)
5. Next, choose a name for your Hub and click CREATE. (See figure below.)
7. Click Grant Access to give CiraHub Permission to browse your company users or contacts for SharePoint.
8. Sign into your Microsoft Account that is attached to SharePoint.
9. Give CiraHub Access to your SharePoint account and always check the box that states “Consent on behalf of your organization”.
10. Next, click on each Spoke, select Sync Options and click Allow Hub to create and sync items in this spoke and click SAVE. (See figure below.)
Depending on your organization’s needs, you can utilize a variety of additional sync options, such as private and tentative events, reminders, syncing meetings as appointments, and categorizing data in spokes. You can edit synchronization settings for each of your spokes using the options at the bottom of the page. For more information on each of these options, check out this article on Calendar Sync.
11. On the CiraHub Dashboard, click on the Hub, then click Sync Now.
Learn More About CiraHub!
CiraHub is a two-way sync platform for shared contacts and calendars for Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Server, and other Microsoft Enterprise Applications users. The software is designed to make it easy for people lacking IT expertise to set up shared contact and calendar sync for their company. For more information check out the FAQ page and our CiraHub Onboarding Guide.