This article will outline how to sync Google Calendars with iCalendars (iCal). CiraHub consolidates numerous data sources from multiple platforms ensuring that information remains consistent across devices and software.
- Log in to CiraHub. On the Hub & Spoke Setup page, select the Calendars object. Keep in mind that public folders can sync both contacts and calendars (See figure below.)
- Next, select the source type of your Calendar spoke and click NEXT. (See figure below.)
- Type in your Google credentials to access its data. You may invite another user by typing in their email address or simply using existing credentials saved on CiraHub, then click NEXT. In this example, we have chosen a calendar item under previously saved credentials. (See figure below.)
- Name your Google Calendar Spoke and click NEXT. (See figure below.)
- Choose a name for your Hub, then click CREATE. (See figure below.)
- To sync with an iCalendar, click the +SPOKE button, then click iCal, and NEXT.
- On the iCal URL page, enter your iCalendar credentials and click NEXT. (See figure below.)
Only iCal links ending in the .ics format are valid. Always check for the file extension to allow you to sync Calendar items from that source on CiraHub.
- Name your iCal Spoke and click CREATE. You should now see two spokes connected to the Hub on the CiraHub Dashboard. You can add more spokes as required.
- Next, Right-click on your Google Calendar Spoke, select Sync Options and click Allow Hub to create and sync items in this spoke and click SAVE. (See figure below.) Note that the iCal spoke is a “Read-Only” spoke that allows for one-way sync from the Hub. This means that CiraHub can read but not write or push any information to it.
- On the CiraHub Dashboard, click on the Hub and click Sync Now to Sync Google Calendars and iCalendars. (See figure below.)
Depending on your organization’s needs, you can utilize a variety of additional sync options, such as private and tentative events, reminders, syncing meetings as appointments, and categorizing data in spokes. You can edit synchronization settings for each of your spokes using the options at the bottom of the page. For more information on each of these options, check out this article on Calendar Sync Options.
Learn More About CiraHub!
CiraHub is a two-way sync platform for shared contacts and calendars for Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Server, and other Microsoft Enterprise Applications users. The software is designed to make it easy for people lacking IT expertise to set up shared contact and calendar sync for their company.
Read more articles on CiraHub:
- Utilize Calendar Sync Options
- Enable Two-Way Contact Sync Between Public Folders
- Enable Two-Way CRM Contact Sync Between ActiveCampaign and Google