How to enable CRM contact sync between ActiveCampaign and a Google contact list.
This article will outline how to enable two-way CRM contact sync with ActiveCampaign and a Google Contact List. Cirahub consolidates numerous data sources from multiple platforms ensuring that the information remains consistent across devices and software.
- First, Log in to CiraHub. You will be taken to the onboarding wizard. (See figure below.) Next, select the object you want to sync. In this example the contacts object has been selected.
- Next start the Hub and Spoke setup. Click on “CRMs” as your source type for your contact spoke. (The Hub contains all synced Contacts from each spoke; a spoke can be a Public Folder, a user mailbox, the GAL or a CRM.)
- Select “ActiveCampaign” as the contact spoke type.
- Enter in your ActiveCampaign Access URL and Key by following the steps outlined here.
- Type in a Spoke name and click next.
- Type in a Hub name and click next.
- Select the option to add an Additional Spoke.
8. Select Google as your source type for your contact spoke.
9. Enter a Gmail username and password to access your data, or CLICK sign in with Google in order to access any existing Google accounts you have already saved. If you enter an email under “invite user” it will allow you to access additional user mailboxes which you do not have control of. (You will not be able to add them as a spoke until the user grants permission).
10. Type in a Spoke name and click create.
11. Next, right click your spoke, and select “Sync Options”. From there you will be taken to a new window, click the box which says, “Allow Hub to create and sync items in this spoke.” This will enable 2-way synchronization between the Hub and your spoke.
12. Click on “Allow Hub to create and sync items in this spoke”. This will enable two-way synchronization from the endpoint to the hub database and back. Select Categorize Data in Spoke if you would like to filter out which items you would like to sync.
13. Click the Advanced tab to set up Contact filtering settings. This would enable a user to synchronize and create hub items based on specific criteria. Click here to learn more about Contact Filtering settings.
14. You can also enable Field Mapping to create customized Hub fields for data in Active Campaign and CiraHub. Click here to learn how to access field mapping settings.
15. Click on “Sync now” to enable 2-way synchronization for the current spoke. You can also edit any synchronization options for each of your spokes below.