Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint serve as the foundation for communication for numerous businesses worldwide. While SharePoint is a highly flexible platform most commonly used for storage and collaboration, Exchange delivers email service and manages inbound and outgoing communication. With CiraHub, organizations can two-way sync contacts between an Exchange Server User Mailbox and SharePoint to connect their data between the two platforms.
The synchronization process is fully automatic and flexible, providing excellent data security. That’s why this article will outline how to enable a two-way contact sync between an Exchange Server User Mailbox with SharePoint.
Set Up a Two-Way Contact Sync Between an Exchange Server User Mailbox and SharePoint
- First, Log in to CiraHub. You will be taken to the onboarding wizard. (See figure below.) Next, select the object you want to sync. In this example the contacts object has been selected.
- Next, start the Hub and Spoke setup. Click on “Exchange Server” as your source type for your contact spoke and select User Mailbox.
- Enter your Exchange Server Connector Login, Password, URL, and Exchange Version. If you are running an Exchange Server Version dated 2016 or later, always select Exchange 2016 in your Connector Settings.
- Wait for CiraHub to Validate your Exchange Server Settings in order to access your data.
- Select the Mailbox Folder you would like to use to two-way sync Exchange Server contacts with SharePoint.
- Type in a Spoke Name and click Next.
- Type in a Hub Name and click Create to two-way sync Exchange Server contacts.
- Select the option to add an Additional Spoke.
- Next, select SharePoint as the source type for your contact spoke.
- Click Grant Access to give CiraHub Permission to two-way sync SharePoint contacts and browse your company users or contacts.
- You will need to sign into your Microsoft Account.
- Give CiraHub Access to your SharePoint account and always check the box that states “Consent on behalf of your organization”.
- Select a SharePoint Contact List to sync with CiraHub.
- Next, right-click your spoke, and select “Sync Options”.
- From there, you will be taken to a new window; click the box which says, “Allow Hub to create and sync items in this spoke.” This will allow you to two-way sync Between an Exchange Server User Mailbox and SharePoint.
- Click the Advanced tab to set up contact filtering settings for SharePoint.
- Click on “Sync Now” to enable 2-way synchronization for the current spoke. You can also edit any synchronization options for each of your spokes below.
Learn More About CiraHub!
CiraHub is a two-way sync platform for shared contacts and calendars for Microsoft 365, Exchange Server, and other Microsoft Enterprise Applications users. The software is designed to make it easy for people lacking IT expertise to set up shared contact and calendar sync for their company. Click here to learn more about how you can start a CiraHub trial today!