How to Enable Two-Way CRM Contact Sync Between Salesforce and Office 365 Public Folders
This article will outline how to enable two-way CRM contact sync between Salesforce and Office 365 Public Folders. CiraHub consolidates numerous data sources from multiple platforms ensuring that the information remains consistent across devices and software.
- First, Log in to CiraHub. You will be taken to the onboarding wizard. (See figure below.) Next, select the object you want to sync. In this example, the contacts object has been selected.
- Next start the Hub and spoke setup. Click on “CRMs” as your source type for your contact spoke. (The Hub contains all synced Contacts from each spoke; a spoke can be a Public Folder, a user mailbox, the GAL or a CRM.).
- Select “Salesforce” as the contact spoke type.
- Sign in with Salesforce to add your account to the Hub, or select an existing Salesforce account.
- If you selected “Sign in with Salesforce”, you’ll be prompted to this screen to enter your Salesforce username and password.
6. Select “Allow” to connect your Salesforce connect to the CiraApps Salesforce Connector.
7. Type in a “Spoke Name” and click Next.
8. Next type in the “Hub Name” and click Create.
9. Select the option to add an Additional Spoke.
10. To add a Public folder Contact List to the Hub, Click on “Office 365 In my tenant” and select Public Folder.
11. Choose which “Public Folder” and the contact list from within the folder you wish to sync.
12. Type in a Spoke name and click create.
13. Next, right click your spoke, and select “Sync Options”. You may also click on view contacts to edit any contacts that were synced from your Salesforce account into CiraHub.
14. Click on “Allow Hub” to create and sync items in this spoke. This will enable two-way synchronization from the endpoint to the hub database and back.
15. Click the Advanced tab to set up contact filtering settings for Salesforce This would enable a user to synchronize and create Hub items based on specific criteria. Find out more about contact filtering here.
16. You can also enable Field Mapping to create customized Hub fields for data in Salesforce and CiraHub. Click here to learn how to access field mapping settings.
17. Click on “Sync now” to enable 2-way synchronization for the current spoke. You can also edit any synchronization options for each of your spokes below.
More About CiraHub!
CiraHub is a two-way sync platform for shared contacts and calendars for Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Server, and other Microsoft Enterprise Applications users. The software is designed to make it easy for people lacking IT expertise to set up shared contact and calendar sync for their company. For more information check out the FAQ page and our CiraHub Onboarding Guide.