With CiraHub, you can two-way sync contacts between Google and a Microsoft Exchange Public Folder. You can use two-way synchronization to update Gmail and Microsoft Exchange continuously. CiraHub’s flexibility allows users to utilize custom settings along with a variety of filters to control how the synchronization functions.
This article will outline how two-way contact sync Between an Exchange Server Public Folder and Google Contact Lists.
If you prefer videos like most of us, kindly watch the video below to see how to multi-way sync contacts between Google and other tools.
Syncing an Exchange Server Public Folder with a Google Contacts list
- First, Log in to CiraHub. You will be taken to the onboarding wizard. (See figure below.) Next, select the object you want to sync. In this example, the contacts object has been selected.
- Next start the Hub and Spoke setup. Click on “Exchange Server” as your source type for your contact spoke and select Public Folder.
- In order to Two-way sync Exchange Server contacts, you will need to Enter your Exchange Sever Connector Login, Password, URL, and Exchange Version. If you are running an Exchange Server Version dated 2016 or later, select Exchange 2016 in your Connector Settings.
- Wait for CiraHub to Validate your Exchange Server Settings in order to access your data.
- Select the Public Folder you wish to sync.
- Type in a Spoke Name and click Next.
- Type in a Hub Name and click Create.
- Select the option to add an Additional Spoke.
- Select Google as your source type for your contact spoke.
- Enter a Gmail username and password to access your data, or CLICK sign in with Google in order to access any existing Google accounts you have already saved. If you enter an email under “invite user” it will allow you to access additional user mailboxes which you do not have control of. (You will not be able to add them as a spoke until the user grants permission).
- Users can two-way sync Google contacts in both directions, after they provide a Spoke name and click create.
- Next, right click your spoke, and select “Sync Options”.
- Click on “Allow Hub to create and sync items in this spoke”. This will enable two-way synchronization from the endpoint to the hub database and back. Select Categorize Data in Spoke if you would like to filter out which items you would like to sync.
- Click the Advanced tab to set up contact filtering settings. This would enable a user to synchronize and create Hub items based on specific criteria.
- You can also enable Field Mapping to create customized Hub field data.
- Click on “Sync now” to two-way contact sync Exchange Server Public Folder and Google. You can also edit any synchronization options for each of your spokes below.
More About CiraHub!
CiraHub is a two-way sync platform for shared contacts and calendars for Microsoft 365, Exchange Server, Sync Exchange Server Mailbox to Google, and other Microsoft Enterprise Applications users. Click here to learn more about how you can start a CiraHub trial today!