This article will outline how to two-way Sync contacts between multiple Exchange Servers. CiraHub consolidates numerous data sources from multiple platforms ensuring that the information remains consistent across devices and software.
1. First, Log in to CiraHub. You will be taken to the onboarding wizard. (See figure below.) Next, select the object you want to sync. In this example, the contacts object has been selected.
2. Select An Exchange Server as the source type of your first Contact Spoke and select User Mailbox.
3. Enter your Exchange Server Connector Login, Password, URL, and Exchange Version. If you are running an Exchange Server Version dated 2016 or later, always select Exchange 2016 in your Connector Settings. Click here for more information on How to Find your Exchange Server settings.
4. Wait for CiraHub to Validate your Exchange Server Settings in order to access your data.
5. Select the Mailbox Folder you would like to sync.
6. Type in a Spoke Name and click Next.
12. Type in a Hub Name and click CREATE.
13. Click the +Spoke button to add an additional Spoke, then select An Exchange Server and repeat the process of adding an Exchange Server as shown above.
15. On the CiraHub Dashboard, click on each of the Spokes, select Sync Options, then Allow the Hub to create and sync items in this spoke, and click NEXT. This will enable 2-way synchronization between the Hub and your spoke.
16. Click “Sync now” to enable 2-way synchronization between the Spokes and the Hub you have created. You can also modify the sync options for each of your Spokes.
More About CiraHub!
CiraHub is a two-way sync platform for shared contacts and calendars for Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Server, and other Microsoft Enterprise Applications users. The software is designed to make it easy for people lacking IT expertise to set up shared contact and calendar sync for their company. For more information check out the FAQ page and our CiraHub Onboarding Guide.