How to enable two-way contact sync between Google and any number of Office 0365 Public Folders within the same organization.
This article will outline how to enable two-way sync between Google Contacts and any number of Office 0365 Public Folder contact lists within the same organization. Cirahub enables Google contact lists from multiple sources to stay in continuous sync with multiple Public Folders.
- First Log in to CiraHub. You will be taken to the onboarding wizard. (See figure below.) Next, select the object you want to sync. In this example, the contacts object has been selected.
- Next you will have to start the Hub and Spoke setup. “ Select” Google as your source type for your contact spoke. (The Hub contains all the Contacts from each spoke and a spoke can be either a Public Folder, a user mailbox, the GAL or even a CRM.)
- Enter a Gmail username and password to access your data, or CLICK sign in with google in order to access any existing Google accounts you have already saved. If you enter an email under “invite user” it will allow you to access additional user mailboxes which you do not have control of. (You will not be able to add them as a spoke until the user grants permission).
- Type in a “Spoke Name” for this sync path and click Next.
- Next you will type in the “Hub Name” and click Create.
- Select the option to add an Additional Spoke to attach a Public Folder to the Hub.
- Select “Public Folder” as the source type of your contact spoke.
- Choose which “Public Folder” and the contact list from within the folder you wish to sync.
- Type in a “Spoke Name” and click next.
- Next type in a “Hub Name” and click create.
- Next, right click your spoke, and select “Sync Options”. From there you will be taken to a new window, click the box which says, “Allow Hub to create and sync items in this spoke.” This will enable 2-way synchronization between the Hub and your spoke.
- Click on “Allow Hub to create and sync items in this spoke”. This will enable two-way synchronization from the endpoint to the hub database and back. Select Categorize Data in Spoke if you would like to filter out which items you would like to sync.
- Click the Advanced tab to set up Contact filtering settings. This would enable a user to synchronize and create hub items based on specific criteria. Click here to learn more about Contact Filtering settings.
- You can also enable Field Mapping to create customized Hub field settings for data in Active Campaign and CiraHub. Click here to learn more about field mapping.
- Click on “Sync now” to enable 2-way synchronization for the current spoke. You can also edit any synchronization options for each of your spokes down below.
Learn More About CiraHub!
CiraHub is a two-way sync platform for shared contacts and calendars for Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Server, and other Microsoft Enterprise Applications users. The software is designed to make it easy for people lacking IT expertise to set up shared contact and calendar sync for their company. For more information check out our FAQ webpage and other CiraHub Blog articles.