How to enable two-way sync of calendars between any number of user mailboxes within the same organization.
This article will outline how to enable two-way sync of calendars between any number of Office 365 User Mailboxes within the same organization. CiraHub enables calendars from multiple mailboxes to stay in continuous sync with one another.
- First, Log into CiraHub. You will be taken to the onboarding wizard. (See figure below.) Next, select the type of object you want to sync. In this example the Calendars object was selected.
2. Select the source type of your contact spoke. In this example we selected Office 365 in my tenant. Then click “User Mailbox” option on the right column.
3. Select which “Mailbox Folder” you want to sync.
4. When selecting a mailbox spoke other than the Hub Owner’s mailbox it will ask you to provide mailbox credentials or to send an invite. You may invite users by clicking invite.
5.Enter the Spoke name and click create. (If you select “Allow invitee to specify folder” this will allow the user to specify the contact folder to be connected – if unchecked the Hub owner will be able to complete that spoke’s configuration after invite had been accepted).
6. Type in a “Spoke Name” and click next.
7. Type in a “Hub Name” and click create.
8. If you wish to add additional “User Mailboxes” to this Hub, please reference steps 2 – 5.
9. Next, right click your spoke, and select “Sync Options”. From there you will be taken to a new window. Click, “Allow Hub to create and sync items in this spoke.” This will enable 2-way synchronization between the Hub and your spoke. Any update on one calendar will be reflected on both if 2 way sync is enabled. When one-way sync is enabled, the user can update the calendars of other users while their own calendar remains unchanged.
10. Click on “Allow Hub” to create and sync items in this spoke. This will enable two-way synchronization from the endpoint to the hub database and back. With this disabled, the mailbox will only sync one way. Click Save.
11. Click on “Sync now” in order to enable 2-way synchronization for the current spoke. You can also edit any synchronization options for each of your spokes down below.
Learn More About CiraHub!
CiraHub is a two-way sync platform for shared contacts and calendars for Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Server, and other Microsoft Enterprise Applications users. The software is designed to make it easy for people lacking IT expertise to set up shared contact and calendar sync for their company. For more information check out the CiraHub FAQ webpage and our guide on how to attach a spoke to a hub.